How to write emails in English

How to write emails in English

peacetech.net
Salutation

  • Dear Sir or Madam
  • To Whom it may concern
  • Dear All
  • Dear John
  • Dear Mr. Smith
  • Hi John
  • Good Morning Mr. (last name)
  • Hello Ms. (last name)
  • Dear Ms. (last name)
  • Mr. (last name) A very good morning!
  • Hey! (first name)

Opening

  • I am writing to you with reference to your letter dated…
  • With regard to our phone call…
  • Concerning our phone call yesterday/this morning…
  • In response to your email…
  • Considering your quote
  • I hope you had a great start to the week
  • I trust you're doing fine
  • I hope you're all fun and frolic
  • I hope this email finds you well

Suggestions

  • I would like to offer you…
  • We would like to interest you in…
  • Who hereby sends you our quote…
  • We would like to let our most competitive offer…
  • We must suggest a change of venue…
  • We will have to ask you to postpone our appointment…
  • I am reaching out about...
  • This is to follow up from...
  • As discussed in the foregoing discussion...

Asking for information

  • Please inform me as to…
  • Can you give me an update…
  • Let me have your most competitive quote…
  • Please help me understand…
  • Can we ask you…
  • What is the latest development in…
  • I'm getting back to you about...

Disagreeing

  • I am afraid, we can not agree…
  • Unfortunately, we will have to pass up on your offer,
  • We are sorry to inform you…
  • We are sad to say that we can not participate…
  • Sadly, our company is not able to comply…

Closing

  • Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
  • I look forward to hearing from you soon
  • Looking forward to a prompt response
  • I'd appreciate your prompt attention to this matter
  • Thanks in advance
  • Appreciate your (help, feedback, input)
  • Please advise, as necessary.
Signature
  • Cheers!
  • Best regards
  • Yours truly
  • Best Wishes,
  • Best 
  • Yours Sincerely,
  • Have a pleasant day ahead
  • Best,
  • Sending you positive vibes,
Example

Subject - Leave Application - Nia

Dear Mr. Andi,

I hope you've had a great day so far.

I, hereby, would like to inform you that my elder brother is getting married on 23rd May. To participate in different ceremonies around the date, I request you to kindly grant me leave from May 20 to 24.

I look forward to receiving your approval soon.

Yours sincerely, Nia

pixabay.com
Note :

  • Identify your goal.
  • Before you write an email, ask yourself what you want the recipient to do after they've read it.
  • Consider your audience. ...
  • Keep it concise. ...
  • Proofread your email. ...
  • Use proper etiquette. ...
  • Remember to follow up. ...
  • Subject line. ...
  • Salutation
~englishgate4u~

Bagikan ke WhatsApp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Selamat datang di Blog Saya, silakan beri komentar Anda di artikel ini, berkomentarlah yang sopan dan sesuai isi artikel. Terima Kasih.

Artikel Populer